We’re on a mission to create a positive
impact in the lives of food photographers
around the world.
in Abundant Potential which motivates us
to be generous.
is essential and inspires us to foster community.
It’s our Responsibility to take good care of ourselves and others.
Creativity is inherent in all humans and is celebrated in all forms.
Learning is a lifelong pursuit. We seek to serve others through
outstanding learning resources and are actively engaged in
our own personal growth.
Owner & Founder
of The Bite Shot
Joanie is the owner and founder of The Bite Shot in addition to being a commercial food photographer, published author, and educator. She specializes in breaking down challenging photography concepts into easy-to-consume educational content.
- Preferred Camera: Nikon Z7
- Preferred Lens: 24 – 70mm f2.8
- Favorite thing to photograph and why: Cupcakes! The way light dances across the swirls of the frosting gets me every time.
- Fun fact: I was super involved in show choir in high school, just like Glee but in real life. Jazz hands forever!
Photography & Lighting Support Specialist
Liz is The Bite Shot’s Photography & Lighting Support Specialist. She advises The Bite Shot Community on troubleshooting camera settings, gear, lighting challenges, shooting tethered, and purchasing new equipment. Liz is also a commercial food photographer and graphic designer specializing in creating graphic, playful food photography.
- Preferred Camera: Sony A7Rii
- Preferred Lens: Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro
- Favorite thing to photograph and why: I love taking pictures of drinks the way they sparkle is chef’s kiss. Also, they are typically easier to style than other items, so it’s something I can capture on my own.
- Fun fact: I have two cats, one of whom is a polydactyl which means she has an extra toe on each of her paws.
Business Support Specialist
Jess is The Bite Shot’s Business Support Specialist. She guides The Bite Shot Community members on common business challenges, including pricing, client communication, and marketing. Jess is also a commercial food photographer, recipe developer, and content creator.
- Preferred Camera: Canon EOS R
- Preferred Lens: Nifty Fifty is my jam, but my 100mm macro lens is also a thing of beauty!
- Favorite thing to photograph and why: Anything that doesn’t melt! But seriously, I really like to photograph soup. I love the repetition of the bowls, colors, and toppings—so many ways to play.
- Fun fact: I’m a former D1 volleyball player and always up for something active.
Join Our Community